1) Stamp the image in the center of the vellum strip.
2) Color the back of the image.
3) Tape the vellum onto the box.
4) Form the clay into a mound that will fit into the box and elevate the tea light to the height desired (so it will look like the lantern is lit).
5) Press the tea light into the clay.
6) Remove the light and let the clay dry completely.
7) Decorate the lid of the box with the garland, ribbon, and snowflake stickers.
8) Place the tea light in the box (on the clay mound) and determine where to place the rest of the snowflake stickers so they will partially camouflage the base of the tea light.
Tip: There are lots of other stamped images you can use for this project if you cannot find the exact one used here.
© 2010 Ben Franklin
All Projects List