1. Take all four strands of DMC floss, match the ends together. Tie the strands together in a knot, leaving a 1” tail at the end.
2. Tape the tail to your table to hold it in place. Spread the four strands apart and decide on an order that you want to knot them in. From now on, they will be referred to as strands A, B, C & D, going left to right.
3. Take strand A and tie an overhand knot on strand B, having the knot rest against the first main knot holding the strands together. Repeat and tie strand A onto strand B so that there is a double knot to start.
4. Take Strand A and tie an overhand knot on strand C.
5. Take strand A and tie an overhand knot on strand D.
6. Now place strand A on the right side next to strand D. The order of the strands s now B, C D, & A.
7. Now, take strand B and tie an overhand onto strand C.
8. Take strand B and tie and overhand knot onto strand D.
9. Take strand B and tie an overhand knot onto strand A.
10. Take strand B and place it on the right side of strand of A. the order of the strands is now C, D A & B.
11. Repeat this pattern until you have the length of bracelet you need. Tie the four strands together and trim off the excess floss.
© 2008 Ben Franklin
All Projects List