I Love You Bear
Designer: Jennifer Osborne
1. Use tacky glue at tips of toothpicks before inserting into clay.
2. Keep all clay in airtight zip lock bags so clay does not dry out.
3. Use water to smooth clay before it dries.
4. Use hand lotion (on hands) so clay does not stick to hands.
* For White bear use White Hearty Clay in place of dk. Brown Hearty Clay.
1. Head- form a 1-1/8-inch dk. Brown ball. Insert two 4mm "E" beads into upper front center of head (eyes). Press three lines above each eye with tip of clay tool (eyelashes).
2. Muzzle- form a 1/2-inch dk. Brown ball into a slight oval. Secure to front of face under eyes. Press three dots on each side of muzzle and one line down lower front center of muzzle (mouth) with tip of clay tool.
3. Nose- form a 1/4-inch black ball into a slight oval. Secure to upper front center of muzzle.
4. Ears- form two 5/16-inch dk. Brown balls into ovals. Press one end of each ear flat, then press a line lengthwise down center of each ear. Secure to top of head about 1/2-inch apart (line on ear facing forward).
5. Body- form a 1-1/2-inch dk. Brown ball into an egg shape. Press bottom (wide end) slightly flat. Insert half of a toothpick into top (small end) of body, leaving 1/2-inch extended out. Secure head to body.
6. Back paws- form two 11/16-inch dk. Brown balls into egg shapes. Insert two 1/2-inch toothpicks into bottom (wide end) sides of body (one on each side). Secure small ends of each paw to body (wide ends facing forward so figure can sit upright). Press three lines into each paw for the claws.
7. Front paws- form two 9/16-inch dk. Brown balls. Insert two 1/2-inch toothpicks into upper front of body (about 1-inch apart) leaving 1/4-inch of each toothpick extended out. Secure paws to body. Press three lines into each paw for the claws.
8. Tail- form a 5/16-inch dk. Brown ball. Insert a 3/8-inch toothpick into bottom back center of body, leaving 1/8-inch extended out. Secure tail to body.
9. Heart sign- form a 3/4-inch red ball into a teardrop. Cut a slit about 1/2-inch down the center of the wide end. Pull slightly apart and start to flatten the entire piece to form a heart about 1/8-inch thick. Using the color scale and color chart mix one unit of the cherry pink color. Roll cherry pink clay mix into a log about 1/8-inch thick. Cut the log to form the lettering on the front of the red heart sign. Design around edges of the lettering with tip of clay tool to secure to the heart sign. Secure finished heart sign to front paws of bear with glue.
Back Home Search Category Search Name