1) Fold the 12 x 12 paper in half and open to reveal crease.
2) Fold the paper in half again in the opposite direction
3) Open the paper up and fold the edges of the paper inward to the center crease.
4) You should have creases marking eight equal rectangles.
5) Cut along the crease between the center four rectangles.
6) Mountain-fold the four rectangles.
7) Holding the folds, separate the sections and fold them downward to form a four- page journal. (see photos)
8) Using the Martha Stewart leaf stamps and the autumn colored inks, decorate the front and back cover.
9) Stamp the word ‘gratitude’ on the front cover and emboss it with the copper powder.
10) Glue the ribbon and chipboard embellishments on the cover.
11) Decorate the inside pages with swirls and flourishes, leaf stickers, glitter, etc.
12) Punch a hole in the upper left corner of the journal and insert chain.