1) Paint styrofoam cone green. You may use another color this is to cover the styrofoam as portions of the cone will be seen between the sequins we will be attaching. Let dry.
2) Once dry. Starting from the base of the cone working your way around evenly. Glue leaf sequins around the cone.
3) Once 1st layer is completed start a second layer about ¼” above the 1st layer of sequin leaves. You may want to stagger the leaves for better coverage. Continue upward until the entire cone is covered in leaves.
4) Once dry. Add on beads or other embellishments to “decorate” your tree.
5) Top of the tree, you may add a star of any other embellishment to finish the top of the tree.
If you’d like to make this into an ornament, you may want to glue a piece of ribbon to the top of the tree for hanging. If not just set it out as a great decoration for the table or shelf around the house.
© 2010 Ben Franklin
All Projects List