11 - 7.5 – 8mm White Nugget Freshwater Pearls #30064439
30 – 4mm Crystal Bicones – Rose #30001004
30 – 1” Sterling Head pins #77186726
24 gauge Sterling Silver Wire #30025428
Sterling Clasp/Toggle (sample used a sterling S-Hook Rope toggle #30029044)
Round Nose Pliers #30056203
Chain Nose Pliers or Needle Nose Pliers #30056199
Flush Cutters #30056206
NOTE: Basic Wire Wrap Knowledge is needed for this project.
The number of pearls and crystal bicones can be adjusted to lengthen or shorten the bracelet.
1. Cut a 1 ¾ - 2” piece of wire for each of the pearls. Take one piece of wire. On one end of the wire, start to make a wrapped loop and leave it slightly open. Slide the jumping from one side of your clasp/toggle onto the loop. Complete the wrap to close the loop.
2. From the other end of the wire, slide the pearl onto the wire and let it rest next to the wire wrap. Next to the pearl, make a wrapped loop.
3. Take another wire and on one end start to make a wrapped loop. Open the loop slightly, sideways so you do not distort the shape, and slip the closed loop from the first piece onto the loop. Complete the wrap to close the loop. From the other end of the wire, slide a pearl on and let it rest next to the wire wrap. Next to the pearl, make a wrapped loop.
4. Repeat step 3 to connect all of the pearls together. For the last pearl, do not wrap the last loop closed. Place the bracelet on your wrist to see if the length right, keeping in mind that the closure will add 1 – 1 ½” more. Add or leave off pearls as needed.
5. After you connect the last pearl to the bracelet, leave the second loop open. Slide the jumping on the other side of the clasp/toggle onto the loop. Complete the wrap to close.
6. Adding the crystals – place a crystal on a head pin. Next to the crystal, start a wire wrap loop. Before closing the loop, slip onto a loop in between the pearls. Complete the wrap to close the loop. Repeat this step two more times to make a total of three crystals between the pearls. Repeat this step until there are three crystals between all of the pearls.
© 2007 Ben Franklin Crafts, Inc.