1. Place stick into Styrofoam ball and paint it black with acrylic paint and foam brush, let it dry.
(Tip: “Dab” paint onto ball, don’t stroke paint on.)
2. Trace and cutout spider web design onto the black felt, using the white crayon.
3. Draw the lines of the web, using the crayon, following the webs outline. Draw around from curve point to curve point, until there is a small circle center, which is the bulls-eye.
4. Then draw lines from the center out to the curve points.
5. Using the glow in the dark scribbles, trace the white crayon lines, let dry.
6. When the spider ball is dry, take the looped side of the sticky back Velcro tape and cut in half lengthwise, so that you get 2 long strips.
7. Wrap the Velcro tape around the ball in a cross pattern.
8. Cut the chenille stem in half, and then cut it again in half, so that you have 4 pieces.
9. Take the 2 pieces of chenille stem and twist together to create an X; bend that in half at the middle. Do the same for the other 2 pieces.
10. Poke the middle into the side of the ball. Hot glue in place.
11. Hot glue eyes onto the ball.
12. Punch the holes in the black felt where indicated on pattern.
13. Using the black sharpie, color the nub end of the suction cup. (Tip: Take off metal hook if on nub)
14. Hot glue the nub end through the holes. (Tip: Make sure the cup part is on the back)
15. Suction cup the web onto a glass window or non-porous surface and throw the spider ball.
© 2008 Ben Franklin
All Projects List