1. Use tacky glue at tips of toothpicks before inserting
2. Keep all clay in airtight zip lock bags so clay does not dry out.
3. Use water to smooth clay before it dries.
4. Use hand lotion (on hands) so clay does not stick to hands.
1. Head- roll out approximately a 1-1/4-inch white ball of clay evenly to
about 1/8-inch thickness. Completely cover the 1-1/4-inch size foam ball
with the rolled out clay (make sure none of the foam ball is showing through
the clay). Insert two 4mm "E" beads into upper center of head (about
1/4-inch apart) for the eyes. Use pointed tip of clay tool to press three
lines above each eye (eyelashes).
2. Muzzle- form a 5/8-inch white ball of clay into a
1/8-inch thick oval shape. Secure (widthwise) to front of face, under eyes.
Press three dots on each side of muzzle and a line down center of muzzle.
3. Nose- mix one unit of Orchid Pink color clay using the
color chart and color scale. Form a 1/4-inch Orchid Pink clay ball and
secure to upper centerline on muzzle. Press slightly and shape to form the
nose as desired.
4. Mouth- form a 1/8-inch dk. Brown ball of clay into a
small rounded triangle shape. Secure to lower centerline on muzzle (line up
small pointed end of mouth with line on muzzle). Press a small line down
center of mouth.
5. Outer ears- form two 7/8-inch white balls of clay into
slightly flat teardrops about 1/4-inch thick.
6. Inner ears- form two 1/2-inch Orchid Pink balls of clay
into slightly flat teardrops about 1/8-inch thick (inner ears should fit
evenly in outer ears). Secure each inner ears to center of each outer ear
evenly and press a line (lengthwise) down center of each inner ear. Insert
two 1/2-inch toothpicks into top of head about 3/4-inch apart, leaving
1/4-inch of each toothpick extended out. Secure base of small ends of each
ear to top of head. Shape and bend ears as desired.
7. Body- roll out approximately a 1-3/4-inch white ball of
clay evenly to about 1/8-inch thickness. Completely cover the foam egg with
the rolled out clay (adding more clay if needed). Smooth clay so foam egg is
covered evenly (make sure no part of foam egg is showing). Press bottom
(wide end) slightly flat so figure can sit upright. Insert a 1/2-inch
toothpick into top (small end) of body, leaving 1/4-inch extended out.
Secure head to top of body.
8. Feet- form two 7/8-inch white balls of clay into egg
shapes. Insert 1/2-inch toothpicks into each side of lower (wide end) of
body, leaving 1/4-inch of each toothpick extended out. Secure small ends of
feet to body (one on each side) with wide ends facing forward. Press base of
feet evenly to help figure sit upright. Press three lines into top of each
9. Hands- form two 3/4-inch white balls of clay. Insert
two 1/2-inch toothpicks into upper center of body (about 1-inch apart)
leaving 1/4-inch extended out. Secure hands to body. Press three lines into
top of each foot.
10. Tail- form a 5/8-inch white ball of clay. Insert a
1/2-inch toothpick into lower back center of body, leaving 1/4-inch extended
out. Secure tail to body.
11. Basket- form a 3/4-inch dk. Brown ball of clay into a
1-1/8-inch diameter circle. Bend two sides up (opposite of each other) to
form the shape of the basket.
12. Handles- form two 5/16-inch dk. Brown balls of clay
into 1-1/2-inch length logs. Twist both logs together evenly. Secure handle
to basket (one end of each handle to each side of basket where basket bends
upward). Press lines into basket to add a design.
13. Eggs- form 1/4-inch balls of clay (amount and color of
choice) into egg shapes. Glue to secure in basket. Secure basket to front of
bunny between hands or place basket in front of bunny.